- The message says: Setting The unarchiver as the default app. (I followed the steps, every Zip, RAR and other compressed files are set to open with The unarchiver as DEFAULT) Still getting that same preference pop up and no files are extracting. I have the latest iOS Macbook Pro late 2011. I don't want other app as replacement, I love the.
- The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIP is a very easy-to-use app that allows you to decompress dozens of archive formats. Such as: Rar, Zip, 7z, Tar, Xz, Iso, Lha, bz2, Lzh, cab, cpio, jar.
- Open a RAR File in macOS. There are not as many choices for opening RAR files on macOSX as on the more popular Windows platform. There are still a few, however. We recommend the free app “The Unarchiver,” which has great support for multi-part archive files. After installation, you can launch The Unarchiver to associate file types with the app.
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for 'BOMArchiveHelper.app', the built-in archive unpacker program in Mac OS X. The Unarchiver is designed to handle many more formats than BOMArchiveHelper, and to better fit in with the design of the Finder. After you install Unarchiver One via the Mac APP Store, it’s time to open your RAR files. Two methods here are recommended: Just open Unarchiver One and drag & drop your RAR files onto its icon. Or you can also: Right click the RAR file and choose open with Unarchiver One.
Powerful and very fast archive expander designed to decompress Zip, Rar, 7-zip,Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, StuffIt, LhA and many other archive formats
What's new in The Unarchiver 4.3.0:
- Apple M1 support is here!
The Unarchiver is an absolutely free macOS app that can be successfully used as a substitute for Apple's BOMArchiveHelper.app, the free built-in unarchive utility.
At the moment, The Unarchiver is distributed directly on the developer’s website and through Apple’s Mac App Store, the single difference between the two apps being that the App Store version is sandboxed, while the one available for direct download is not.
Using the version delivered via the developer’s website could be a very good idea if you find the constant nagging of App Store version a bit too much for your taste (this happens because the App Store version needs your confirmation when it wants to get around the built-in sandbox).
Easy drag and drop or Mac App Store installation
The Unarchiver can be installed either via drag and drop within the Applications folder or by downloading it from the Mac App Store.
if you want to use it as your default archive decompression app, you will have to either choose the archive formats you want it to open via its Preferences window or by choosing it as the default app via Finder’s Open With contextual menu.
Support for a vast amount of archive formats
Moreover, you should definitely give The Unarchiver a try if you are constantly working with a large amount of archive formats on a daily basis, because this app comes with support for formats ranging from the common zip and sit to more exotic 7zip, lha, rpm and deb.
If you want to know if a given archive can be opened using The Unarchive, a detailed list of all the formats it can work with is available on the app’s website, via the Supported formats page.
Built-in support for exotic text encodings
What's more, The Unarchiver is capable of handling archives using a wide variety of foreign character sets and a large array of text encoding, like the ones created while using non-English versions of other operating systems.
The Unarchiver's comprehensive archive support was achieved by using the open source libxad unarchiving library to develop the application.
The Unarchiver is part of these download collections: Open 7z, Open RAR, Open ZIPThe Unarchiver was reviewed by Sergiu Gatlan
The Unarchiver 4.3.0Softpedia Editor's Pickadd to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- macOS 10.7 or later (Universal Binary)
- file size:
- 16 MB
- main category:
- Compression Tools
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID
1. The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIP is a very easy-to-use app that allows you to decompress dozens of archive formats.
Dr Unarchiver Mac
2. ● Support preview and decompress dozens of archive formats.
3. such as: Rar, Zip, 7z, Tar, Xz, Iso, Lha, bz2, Lzh, cab, cpio, jar, exe, pkg, dms, tbz, swf, Gzip, Bzip2... and it can also compress and encrypt any files to make private files more secure.
The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIP for PC and Mac Screenshots
Features and Description
Latest Version: 3.1.8
What does The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIP do? The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIP is a very easy-to-use app that allows you to decompress dozens of archive formats. such as: Rar, Zip, 7z, Tar, Xz, Iso, Lha, bz2, Lzh, cab, cpio, jar, exe, pkg, dms, tbz, swf, Gzip, Bzip2... and it can also compress and encrypt any files to make private files more secure. Key Features: ● Support preview and decompress dozens of archive formats.● archive files quickly.● Encrypt the archive file.● Contact us If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email. Email address : [email protected]Download for MacOS - server 1 --> Free
Download Latest Version
Download and Install The Unarchiver - Unzip RAR ZIPDownload for PC - server 1 -->
Download for MacOS - server 1 --> Free